We are passionate about what technology can do.
We want to continually improve our service, people and technology.
We are proud that our customers benefit from our knowledge and experience.
We are Claranet and if you share our beliefs, we are looking for you!
Because we aspire to do more and better, we are looking for an Systems Developer to integrate Claranet Group, based in Portugal (Lisboa, Porto or Remote).
Your responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain our network automation system and surrounding services:
o Web applications and APIs;
o Work with network device APIs and user interfaces;
o Understand and improve our network data model;
o Improve application efficiency and performance;
- Work with our network teams and architects to design and implement new features;
- Work with our implementation teams to provide features, with a focus on self service;
- Work to improve our systems based on feedback from end users;
- Build and maintain our high availability infrastructure;
- Reduce our existing system complexity and be willing to tackle our application legacy;
- Participate in code reviews;
- Contribute to improve and develop standards and best practice;
- Participate in an on-call rotation for our software.
You must have:
- Good knowledge of the Java™ core language, associated technologies, and web services;
- Good knowledge of the Python language;
- Ability to produce reliable and well tested code;
- Knowledgeable with SQL databases;
- Good knowledge of computer networking technologies (TCP, IPv4/IPv6, HTTP, DNS, etc..) and keen interest in developing skills in this area;
- Good knowledge of Linux and experience with virtualisation and containerisation technologies;
- Good knowledge of version control and CI/CD pipelines;
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to share knowledge and ideas as well as listening to other’s opinions;
- Fluency in English with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Service Provider networking (IS-IS, BGP, MPLS);
- Experience with Data Centre networking (L2, VXLAN);
- Experience with Networking Telemetry Protocols (Netflow, sFlow, SNMP);
- Experience working with distributed modern infrastructure (Docker / Kubernetes);
- Experience with Google Web Toolkit (GWT).
- Regular professional development;
- Health insurance, with family package;
- Office facilities for meals and snacks;
- Regular teambuilding programs;
- Friendly workplace.
Workplace: Lisboa, Porto, Remoto
Claranet, Helping our customers do amazing things!